Trouble sleeping.

I'm extremely tired, but not able to go to sleep. One of the reasons, is that my legs go numb, and my hip sort of like pops out of place. This may be a stupid question, but is this normal? I'm just worried.

MoreMia

Asked by MoreMia at 11:56 AM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Do you sleep on your back? If so, try sleeping on your left side. Sleeping on your back CAN restrict blood flow to your limbs, and to your baby. Try also sleeping with your head elevated on pillows. This may help circulation. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 12:00 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• My hips were out mist of my pregnancy. The reason...the ligaments holding the hips in place, relax during pregnancy to allow for baby to pass thru.

Really annoying to walk around feeling like you are about to fall since one of your legs feels like it's gonna fall off.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:58 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I started having major sleeping issues right about then. And joint pain like you describe. My doc had me go see a physical therapist about the pain. But I never slept well.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 12:09 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I did squats right before I went to bed, I had Sciatica though, (hips didn't pop out of place) Try sleeping on your side with a pillow wedged between your knees. that helped me A LOT when I was further along. goodluck.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 12:08 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• It is quite normal and I feel for you. Not being able to sleep is the worst.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:23 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• How far along in your pregnancy are you?
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:57 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• 21 weeks.
    MoreMia

Comment by MoreMia (original poster) at 12:05 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• i kinda have the same issue but my left leg hurts alot of the time and when i get ready for bed i put my body pillow in between my legs and that is the only way i can sleep now is with my body pillow u could try that and i put pressure on my left side when i sleep too so it dont hurt that much i also went to the chiro for it and that seemed to work for a while but i have not gone in for a while been kinda lazy good luck with everything hope u find something that helps
    kymdwinnell

Answer by kymdwinnell at 3:20 PM on Feb. 17, 2011