Age differences

What do you ladies think about age differences in marriages?

ac9104

Asked by ac9104 at 12:01 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't think about it. It's none of my business.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 12:03 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Guess I Better be in favor of it since DH is 8 1/2 yrs older! LOL
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 12:03 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• to each their own, it must be working for them. my parents are 13 years apart and celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary a few weeks ago.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:03 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Its personal choice, as long as its legal.. Both are consenting adults. For me I like Dh being only 2yrs older then me we have more in common.
    ArystaBrat

Answer by ArystaBrat at 12:05 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I think it's fine for some people. I've never hung out with anyone my age, I've always had older friends, so it didn't surprise my mom when i married a man 12 years older than i. Even though we grew up in different generations, we still seem to have a lot in common. People who know us say we're a perfect match & i agree. We're on the same level regardless of our physical age.

I always joke with him & say we get along because he's immature for his age & i am mature for my age, so we meet on a similar level. I joke with him about that, but maybe there is some truth to it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:06 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Age doesn't bother me but reasons do. If a young woman marries an older man for his money or an older man marries a young woman to control her and mold her in to his Stepford Wife then I have a problem with that.
    Anonymous

• its just a number.
    love knows no age.
    im 25 and my soon to be husband is 21......but he acts like hes older.
    JT32606

Answer by JT32606 at 12:08 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I don't think anything of it. If it works for the couple than great. One of my best friends is 29 and her boyfriend (of 3 or 4 years) is in his mid-40s. She was like 25 or so when they met and he was 41 or something. They get along great and are a perfect match.
    My husband's niece has always been into older guys for some reason. Her first husband was just a few years younger than her mother. She was 18 and he was in his early 30s when they got married. She's now 26 and her 2nd husband is at least 40 based on his picture (I've never met him). Whatever. If they're happy then good for them.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:10 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• My husband is twice my age.  I see no problem with it.  I had a fake ID and told him that I was 18 when we first met.  I was actually only 15.  We laugh and make fun of our age difference.  I am his "retirement plan" and he is my "sugar daddy".  I like him being so much older than I am.  He's extremely smart and always has awesome opinions.  He thinks about things in ways that I don't.  Definitely has a lot more patience than I do.  It works for us. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:13 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Its ok I Guess.. The way I see it is that its nothing to me and as long as they are in love good for them.
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 12:16 PM on Jan. 24, 2011