My 22 month old has to have his tonsils and adenoids removed next month..

Anyone go through this with a child so young? My 8 year old had it done last year but he was much older obviously.. I am scared to death because he is so little. but they think because they are really large it is causing various problems.. like not sleeping well, colds, not wanting to eat, and speech delay... any advice would be great!

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have not but my niece and nephew were both very young when they had it done and they went through surgery and recovery fine and my niece was so bad she was having a lot of problems and once she had them removed immediately she started gaining weight sleeping breathing easier and some other stuff
    mrssimpekware

Answer by mrssimpekware at 12:59 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• My son was 4 it was hard the first few days but they bounce back pretty quickly.
    christinato

Answer by christinato at 1:45 PM on Jan. 24, 2011