Post merina period?

I had my merina removed 11/29/2010 due to horrible side effects. I was started on loestrogen 24 right away. I went through the entire first pack without any period. About a week and half into the second pack I got a period but it was SUPER light! Now im done with the second pack of pills and again no period! I called my doctor and they said it was the merina working out of my system. I have taken 4-5 pregnacy tests(3-4 last month and one this month) all came back negative. Why am I not having the HEAVY bleeding that is to be expected after removal?

sktrowb

Asked by sktrowb at 12:12 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Health

• okay so this is not the answer to your question as i know nothing about it, but what kinda side effects did u have? i always thought about getting it but am unsure...
    sandjmom99

Answer by sandjmom99 at 12:47 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• um well I breastfed my dd for 9 months and had no side effects during that time... thought it was great... recommended it to other people! shortly after having to stop breastfeeding I started having headaches all the time, lower back pain, cramps, and the best one I would spot for 2-3 days then not for 4-5 days then back to spotting.... ALL MONTH long. Did not have a regular period just the spotting. I also COMPLETELY lost my sex drive. I was tired all the time (im a sahm and take naps with my dd cause my apartment is really small and she wakes up early and crabby if I don't sleep while she is sleeping) I could not loose weight. Gained 52 lbs while being pregnant. lost about 30 of it before having the merina inserted... could not loose anymore... I tried dieting exercising nothing worked... once having it removed I have lost the 20 lbs in about 5 weeks... without changing anything in my diet or routine.
    sktrowb

Comment by sktrowb (original poster) at 12:11 AM on Jan. 25, 2011