Has anyone else been diognosed with chlamydia during pregnancy?? adult content

i recently was diognosed with chlamydia and i have to go to the dr tomorrow for more labs and antibiotics. im very scared for me and my baby ima bout 11 weeks along. ive never had it. i do believe i picked it up off a toilet where someone else got it. im having bad anxiety attacks from it all. im scared its gonna cause problems with my baby even if i use antibiotics now. im afraid its done something to my baby. i also have a needle phobia and its not good to just tell me i gotta do labs in 24 hrs. its all at once and i need reassurance please :**(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You can't get chlamydia from a toilet seat. You got it from sexual interaction. Take the antibiotics and you and your baby will be fine.
    Anonymous

• The first guy I ever slept with gave me chlamydia.  I knew nothing about sex really and I didn't even know what an STD was.  I met my hub, gave it to him.  We both had it for YEARS!  Didn't have any signs or symptoms of anything.  I didn't know until I got pregnant 3 years after we met.  I, like you, was extremely worried about the baby.  Everything turned out fine.  Take your meds.  Remember that even though you don't like needles, this is what has to be done to ensure the safety of your baby.  :)

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:17 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• And whoever told you that you got it from a toilet seat is running the oldest line in the world on you.  You can't get it from toilet seats.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:18 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Chlamydia can be got only through sexual contact and anyone can have it. It's no big deal, just take the meds and it'll clear up. My sister works at a clinic and sees it all the time.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 12:18 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• yea no i just heard from my college that someone got it from a toilet seat. i now know u cant get it from a toilet seat now can i have some other advice please ! thank u for the ones i already have its helping
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:21 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Stay strong.  Keep telling yourself that you have to get the lab work done and that it will be over before you know it.  You are taking your meds, doing what your suppose to.  What is in your control, is under control.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:26 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• take ur meds the doc. gave u. do ur blood work. and ur baby will be fine. it will all clear up.
    after this is all done u will be glad u went ahead and went and done it =)
    congrats
    leAnn21

Answer by leAnn21 at 12:27 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• the doc wouldnt give you med that would hurt the baby! so its fine! take the meds and everything will clear up ! and people get stds all the time. its not a biggie (not saying dont try to prevent it-- protection is always needed!) im just sayin, dont stress about it! and dont let people make you feel bad!
    sandjmom99

Answer by sandjmom99 at 12:33 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• thank u. and does anyone know the procedure to the cure i know antibiotics but is that all they do is give u pills? also im married and that means my husband also has it and they said he needs to be treated as well . does he get cured like me and is it safe to have sex with condoms in the process of healing or what?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:34 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• That is all that will be done, you will take your pills and that's it.  There is a good chance that your husband has it also.  Get him to the Dr. too.  Yes, he will be cured like you.  No, I don't recommend having sex until all of the meds are finished, and the Dr. will tell you the same thing.  You will start your pills sooner so don't have sex until the 2-3 weeks are up for hubby.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:51 PM on Jan. 24, 2011