I have a vote down stalker too. Really???

Just because someone votes down your answers doesn't mean that they are stalking you. Novel concept, maybe they just don't agree with you. Do you know that anyone can vote you down, not just one person? Maybe it is multiple "stalkers".

Do you think that if someone votes you down, they are stalking you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I've seen people who have vote downs even when their answers are very helpful and interesting. I think that they must have somebody going around and voting down everything they write.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 12:20 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• i have seen people getting voted down for every answer in the same day, even answers like "you are so awesome!" so yes, in that scenario i believe that person has a stalker that just does not like them.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:22 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I have had vote downs and just figure they dont agree with me? I can honestly care less if they do or not, its not like a vote down will change my opinion.

Answer by gemgem at 12:22 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Do you think that if someone votes you down, they are stalking you?

No, but if every single answer I've put up over the past 24-48 hrs, in multiple categories from debate to food to here, goes from 0 down votes to 1 downvote in 10 minutes, I'd say it's a good sign. I'd say it's an even better sign when it happens to me and then a friend of mine - same thing - 0 to 1 in every answer in every category in the span of a few minutes. That also doesn't mean I'm crying about it - I pity whoever is so pathetic they feel the need to do it. But, it doesn't make it any less a reality.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:25 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• No. But it is a bit too coincidental when you are consistently voted down on eveything. I've seen people vote down a simple yes or no answer. I only downvote people who are downright rude.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:26 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I don't really care why someone down votes my answers. My opinion doesn't change because of it.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:28 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• well, I want to get out of my junior year of points! I have been a junior for months and months. I didnt know junior year could go this long..haha,,,I think I started this whole new cm game last year during spring break and I just want to see what senior year is like so bad. I know I know, get a life,,,lol But yeah, hate getting voted down for answers that arent mean or rude.
    Anonymous

• Naw. I did see 4 "vote downs" on a recent post that I couldn't figure out WHY they got the down votes, since the comment wasn't controversial or negative in the least. I figured someone either didn't like them, or just didn't agree with the writer's opinion (but not the post). A very well written, respectful post could get a "vote down" just because someone didn't like the opinion shared.

Either way, I think "who cares?" Stalkers, bullies...if they are spending the time online doing that, they aren't worth the energy getting upset over! More like...laugh at it all!
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 12:29 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I have seen some posters that absolutely have stalkers. I think it's really sad and petty of the mom that's doing it. I always try to vote up their answers to counter-act the down vote that they shouldn't have received.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:30 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Honestly, who cares if they vote you down?
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:30 PM on Jan. 24, 2011