is it safe?

I am currently exactly 30 days away from my scheduled c-section and experiencing a LOT of pain in my hips/legs/lower back. Some days I can barely walk and stairs ( there are two flights in my home) are a killer.
I've been dealing with it as my OB says it's "normal", but I get very uncomfortable having to carry my 20 lb DD up and down the stairs , some days I have no choice but to..but since DF doesn't currently work, shouldn't he do it? ( He seems to think I am being spiteful when I ask just because he is "playing Xbox ( He plays all day most days, while I stay in the basement/playroom with DD.)

My question is, how much weight is safe to carry up and down stairs at this stage in my pregnancy?

Some say 10-15 lbs some say 20lbs max.

AshleyRoseG

Asked by AshleyRoseG at 12:22 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• 25 pounds.... the issue is lifting - not carrying. yes your dh need to carry dd down every time! tell him what i tell my dh - if he ignores me for the video game - the gaming system might DIE! threaten that you will smash it with a bat. If you have a crazy side like me - he might move faster when you ask for help!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:24 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I can threaten all I want lol doesn't work because I would never do it....simply because we watch a lot of our movies through the Xbox and I paid for it, along with his Xbox gold membership to be able to watch said movies.
    *sigh*
    AshleyRoseG

Comment by AshleyRoseG (original poster) at 12:26 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• i would say at this point in your pregnancy its not safe to carry her up and down the stairs at all!! my mom always told me nothing heavier than a gallon of milk!!
    sandjmom99

Answer by sandjmom99 at 12:31 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• 20 lbs, but your DF needs to help out, you should be taking it easy.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 12:33 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• he should be doing it your in that much pain and you could easily trip or slip and fall under that much pain. threaten to cancel the memberships and to get up off his ass.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 12:39 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• He is being selfish. If he is home he should do it just to help out.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:21 PM on Jan. 24, 2011