girls, you should go get some chocolate before the price shoots up..

I meant to post this earlier, but got distracted with frozen pipes and Chinese songs. DH and I were talking about it last night... the Ivory Coast is shutting down chocolate and coffee production...

Here's a linky.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-01-24/ivory-coast-export-ban-may-drive-up-cocoa-prices.html

I'm going to be very bitchy if I can't get coffee and chocolate. This must be the ONE case it's great the US doesn't produce anything. No one can shut down production protest of Obama.

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 12:25 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I just need my coffee along with every other mom I know. You know that old saying if momma aint happy no one is? Yeah no coffee? Alot of mad mommas.

Answer by gemgem at 12:26 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• wish we could bump more than once this is IMPORTANNT in my book THANKS!!!!!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 12:28 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I live right by the original cadbury factory so we just buy thousands of reject chocolates all the time and put them in storage. Oh the smell of chocolate in the morning when you open windows in the summer. Yum.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 12:28 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• & thanks!
    leah_rai

• No one can shut down production protest of Obama.

Except when members congress sign a letter saying that they refuse to work unless they get thier way.

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 12:32 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I'm going to be very bitchy if I can't get coffee and chocolate. This must be the ONE case it's great the US doesn't produce anything. No one can shut down production protest of Obama.

lmao.....silly

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:34 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

•  

No one can shut down production protest of Obama.

AGAIN! lol

sweet-a-kins

• There are many places right along the equator that produce coffee beans, cacao and cocaine. Are there any fair trade products coming out of the Ivory Coast? I see this as a + if it reduces child labor violations-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:37 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Good thing coffee is grown in many regions of the world! And so is cacao, where chocolate came from... it's native to the Americas.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:38 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

_________________
    The ivory coast is responsible for a third of the world's production of chocolate.
    lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 12:53 PM on Jan. 24, 2011