Need advice.

My 11 year old saw some inappropriate pics, mistakenly, of me. I apologized that he saw these and completely took 100% blame. What else can I do????

jerseymom814

Asked by jerseymom814 at 12:27 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• I think you've done what you need to. Be open to questions if he has them. And be prepared to admit you've made mistakes in the past, and that you hope to help him avoid mistakes.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:35 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I am not into ignoring or sweeping things under the carpet but in this case I would say you said what you needed to and moved on. I agree, I wouldn't dodge direct questions and you might want to bring up the idea of testing boundaries and the fact that no matter what you'll be a safety net, tolerance, open mindedness, or whatever is relevant but I imagine your son is just as interested in moving off the topic as you are.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 12:47 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Oh my gosh I am so sorry that would be so embarrasing!!! Just what you did seems to be the right thing to me. Nothing else you can do besides forgive yourself. It was an accident!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 7:42 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Wow make sure those disappear now!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 4:43 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Yes sorry for you. You said you are sorry. It will soon be forgotten.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 1:57 PM on Jan. 27, 2011