24 day cycles

My period went from 28 days to 24 days, We have decided to try for a baby so when period is due im going to start charting my BBT, But I have been having sore boobs on the sides, mostly noticed it when i was trying to sleep on em last night, Im not due for my period untill the 2nd, Could this be a EARLY pregnancy sign, or what? I also read that it could be ovulation, but Ive never had sore boobs before, not with ovulation, pregnancy, nor period..took a test and it was neg but online says shouldnt test untill the 30th!

tayysmommy

Asked by tayysmommy at 12:41 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• My boobs always got sore about a week to 2 weeks before my period, so not really a good indicator of early pregnancy. BUT if it is pregnancy, take a test and find out. If you are far enough along for symptoms then you should be far enough for an accurate answer :)
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:44 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• than wait until the 30th.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 12:45 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• What I found when I was ttc that you really start paying attention to your body and you will start noticing things more. It might have always been there but now you are more intune with what your body does.

Early pregnancy and about to get your period can be very much alike and so unfair when ttc.

Good luck!
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 12:48 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• It's possible it could be a pregnancy symptom, but equally as possible that it could be due to ovulation or impending menstruation. Just because you've never felt that before doesn't mean that's not what it is. Generally, I have no symptoms of either ovulation or menstruation, but there are occasional cycles when my boobs will be a bit sore or I'll start cramping or whatnot.

I would just wait until at least the 30th to test, if not until you actually miss your period. That's the best way to increase accuracy, as well as to not waste money taking multiple tests.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:56 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Test.
    If your cycles are so short, what is your LP?
    Do you have at least 9 days between ovulation and first day of your period?
    If not, you might have an imbalance. Try B-12 and B-6 to help lengthen your LP.
    Also, do you happen to live in a place that gets very little sunlight in the winter? like Alaska or Canada? Northern US?
    If so, the reduced daylight can effect the length of your cycle. It should go back to 28 days once you get more daylight.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:36 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Use an online ovulation calculator! The one from march of dimes is pretty accurate:

http://www.marchofdimes.com/ovulation_calendar.html
    ChelseATX

Answer by ChelseATX at 6:25 PM on Jan. 30, 2011