Pregnancy Worries

my doctor told me at my appt yesterday she wants to give me a 24 hour urine test(i collect all my pee in a jug for 24 hrs and put it in my fridge...ugh) b/c i tested positive for protein in my urine at my last visit. she just said it was to be safe, etc. i wasn't worried til i got home n saw the risks... preeclampsia, gestational diabetes, etc. somewhere i saw it starts in your later half of pregnancy, misscarriages, premies, etc... now i'm kinda paranoid. i'm 20 wks preg. and i'm already taking extra iron cause i'm 'slightly anemic' due to the preg. any advice???

ArmyWife0112

Asked by ArmyWife0112 at 12:37 AM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• its actually really a normal thing for them to do. I had it done with bolth of my kids and they turned out perfect. you would be suprised to actually findout lots of moms have done that test. dont worry or get stressed injoy your pregnancy
    soldierswife11

Answer by soldierswife11 at 12:41 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• do not worry, i mean it can be serious! i had to do it with my second pregnancy. i did have it with my first but they did not catch it cause i was active duty and i really do not think they cared to take the time to notice why i was gaining 10lbs in a week. but they took good care of me here at ft L. they checked me out two times a week. just really watch yourself with the water gain and all. if you have anything you wantto talk about or worries just call me, i can talk to you about anything you might be worried about. 573-774-2620 or 573-452-1802.

melissa
    missyf1982

Answer by missyf1982 at 9:03 AM on Nov. 14, 2008