Did you eat spicy food or chips, when pregnant ?

I love My hot chips, I used to eat a bag a day. But when i found out i was pregnant i stopped, BUT now im craving them soo bad, Im 17 weeks pregnant & i've only have ate like 3 bags the whole pregnancy. Will it hurt my baby ? Did you eat spicy food? Is it BAD to eat spicy food ???

yamil519

Asked by yamil519 at 1:04 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• yes i did -- and suffered the heartburn -- but it was SOOOOO worth it!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 1:12 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I don't think it's bad to eat spicy food, I just think you might get a nasty case of heartburn! :) Heartburn for me is bad enough without adding spicy stuff in the mix. (I get it drinking WATER!) I know what you mean though... sometimes you just GOTTA have a chili cheese chip!!
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 1:07 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Lol when I was pregnant with my daughter, I would walk to the Subway every day and get a turkey sandwich with all the veggies, including jalapenos, and eat it with the spicy sauce they had at the time. SOOO good and I craved it daily so I ate it daily. But then again, all my kids love spicy foods now too lol.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:11 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Yes, with my oldest, EVERYTHING had to have hot salsa. I worked across the street from a Taco Bell, so everyday I went and got something and slathered it in Fire sauce.

Other than the heartburn in the last few months, I had no problems. But then, those last few months, everything gave me heartburn!
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 1:17 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I put cayenne pepper on everything, literally. I never stopped this while pregnant. My kids are 100% healthy, so I think you should be fine! Although try to mix in healthy spicy options so that you aren't just eating chips all the time. :)
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 1:17 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• It is not going to hurt the baby in the least.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:18 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I love chunky salsa and chips with my 2nd daughter and this pregnancy.
    mrzbarnes09

Answer by mrzbarnes09 at 1:20 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I ate spicy food all the time when I was pregnant. Mostly they say not to because of heartburn, but if you are already used to eating spicy foods, that doesn't really change during pregnancy. I eat spicy stuff a lot so I had no problems with heartburn. But when I ate bland foods while preggo, THEN I had heartburn. Go figure! Bring on the jalapenos and habenaros! (And now, all but 1 of my children LOVES spicy foods, they'll sit and clean our a dish of hot salsa and we go through a jar of our home canned jalapenos in a week).
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 1:29 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I ate spicy food all the time!! I will say after eating something spicy she got the hiccups sometimes. She had hiccups in both my ultrasounds :)
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 10:26 PM on Jan. 24, 2011