What kind of routines do you have for your 2 1/2 yr olds?

We never had a *strict* routine but every day generally went the same when DD was younger. I made sure we'd eat around the same time & play, & naptimes were never forced because she just happened to get tired around the same time all the time. When she was younger, it was fun doing educational play with her and bringing her places I knew she'd learn about & enjoy. I'm finding it harder to find things to stimulate her. She gets some TV time or computer time during the day because that's the only time I can get anything done, if I need to do something that I'd rather her not "help" with. I don't want to get sucked into her getting used to too much TV or computer though... and she's asking all the time now for Dora or "her turn on the computer". I feel like she needs more structure, what are some of your routines you do with your LO's around my DD's age?

MamaLisa1976

Asked by MamaLisa1976 at 1:04 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We always went out a lot at that age for story hour at the library and play groups plus visiting with friends so the kids had different things to do. I was always reading the paper for ideas of things going on around town. They stopped napping at age two so the day was pretty open. Meal time and bedtime was very consistent.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:23 PM on Jan. 24, 2011