The Great American Photo Contest

I wanted to share my experience with this company with every mom out there. I saw a link to this contest, and entered a photo of my cute little nephew Thomas. There was no fee, which I liked. Within few hours I was bombarded by emails informing me that my little baby was selected to be in some bigger contest, and that his photo was selected to be included in yearly book of the most beautiful babies in America. Of course, I only had to pay $60.00 for his photo to be actually included in the book, and another $20.00 for him to continue with the contest. The emails did not stop!!! Even after I tried to unsubscribe twice. They called also. I asked again to be put on their "do not call" list. After that I received an email telling me that my PET TOM was selected by the judges... so I guess there is another contest fort he pets as well. Of course, I do not have a PET Thomas, I sent them the photo of a little baby Thomas. And more emails, and yet another phone call. I am absolutely sure that this company is a big scam. Do not send them any photos or your email, because they will drive you crazy with all the emails and phone calls, and will probably sell your information to a dozen of other similar companies as well. Simple logic: if your baby is truly selected by the real judges of a real contest - they should not be asking you for your money to publish the winner's photos!

marpu76

Asked by marpu76 at 1:06 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• This is the same company that scams people on the poetry contest as well.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:10 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I had that same experience. I "unscubscribed" and after a few months, the emails stopped. I never got phone calls though. But yes, it is a total scam....
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 1:53 PM on Jan. 24, 2011