Which is harder to stay on track - week days or weekends?

For me, weekends are SOO much harder to stay on track on weekends.

During the week, my day is structured and so it's easy to stay distracted and not stuff my face. Even my exercise is set up because I have a walking partner in the office 3 days a week.

But weekends... man, it's so hard to make two separate breakfasts or to limit myself when I make just one. (Like this weekend, I made a fairly "normal" weekend breakfast of bason, eggs, and biscuits and was shocked to see my serving was over 800 calories!) Plus stuff like watching movies or taking the kids out always seems to involve foods I have a hard time limiting, like pizza or movie theater popcorn.... UGH.

geminilove

Asked by geminilove at 1:08 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• weekends are definitly harder! We have pretty much adapted to a weekend -schedule :-) (Which also includes sleeping a little late -- YAY)
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 1:10 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• weekends. I normally work during the week and I pack my lunch. Being off and being home is so hard for my diet.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:12 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Weekends. I have less to keep myself busy. I work during the week which keeps me pretty busy and focused.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:13 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• neither, i make time to walk for at least 30 min a day at some point in my days.
    brieri

Answer by brieri at 1:16 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Weekends, definitely!
    Indyk

Answer by Indyk at 1:16 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• week ends, I do walk on the week ends, but I am unmotivated to do anything else on the week end
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:21 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Weekdays for me - I don't have the same schedule every day, so there's no consistency where I can say M/W/F I'll work out at this time. I end up having to stagger things and try to make up on one day what I didn't have time to do on another.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:30 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• weekends!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:36 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Week days are way harder for me, even though I walk a ton those days (because I'm in college and walk between buildings, classes, etc.). I just have way more free time on the weekends to really work out (when I'm not sick, grrrr).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:46 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• For me it's week days. Everything is so rushed between breakfast, work, daycare, dinner, bath time, story time, bed time that by the time the kids ARE in bed, I'm right there with them....weekends, however, I find it much easier to make healthier choices and fit in some exercise =)
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 3:01 PM on Jan. 24, 2011