question about baby food.

My baby girls started eatting baby food when she was 5months she is now 6 months and we have tried just about everything.. apples. pears, peaches. veggie dinners. squash, bluberries, pumpkin, green beans,peas.

I guess what my question is. . is it bad that I don't feed her the baby food everyday. Some days she just isn't interested in sitting her high chair and eating. Is it okay for us to skip some days or should she be having it every day?

staciepi

Asked by staciepi at 1:15 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's OK to not have it everyday right now. Make sure she is getting her fill of formula or breastmilk which is really all she needs right now.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:18 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Ive worked with a lot of children, and sometimes they just dont want babyfood, thats perfectly norma. My niece is 10 months old, when she was 6 months old i used to have to switch between baby food and a bottle every other day because sometimes she just didnt want to eat her baby food.
    ChelseyAnn_0

Answer by ChelseyAnn_0 at 2:58 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• It's FINE. I introduced solids to my son around 8 mos, and would offer just a few spoonfuls every few days. He wasn't that interested. He didn't eat solids on a daily basis until he was in his 11th month. Until 12 mos of age, the main source of nutrition is breast milk or formula. At her age, solids are not necessary, they're more for fun/practice.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:43 PM on Jan. 24, 2011