Legal advise

I just found out last night my daughter was threated by her ex boyfriend it probably happened like 6 months ago(thats a guess).Is there anything I could do about it ?

themomof2girls

Asked by themomof2girls at 1:16 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I would report it to teh police. Just so its on record. You can see if you can get a protection order too.
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 1:17 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• oh yes and document document document so you have the information in the future
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 1:18 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Has he been in contact with her over the past 6 months? If not and you want to report it and get a RO on it, you should probably say something more vague about the time line. Otherwise the police may not even take a report on it.
    Anonymous

• You can get a restraining order/order for protecton.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 1:28 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• File a police report
    File a restraining order if need be
    monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 1:29 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• what exactly was said? and how do u prove it ? since so much time has passed i dont think u can do anything now,, but who knows im not a lawyer. but im glad to hear she has made him an EX
    mistik75

Answer by mistik75 at 3:39 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I dont think im going to try to do anything because if he finds out she told shes affraid he will do something.
    themomof2girls

Comment by themomof2girls (original poster) at 5:05 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Seeing, she is afraid he will do something because she told, you need to go to the police. Her safety is more important than anything else.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:00 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I agree with tyfry on this. No matter the time frame if he threatened her in anyway it's important to report it to the police and try to get a restraining order. If he hasn't said/done anything since 6 mos, it might be hard to get a RO but you will at least have the complaint to the police on file especially if she is still afraid of him. GL and bless you/family
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 11:54 PM on Feb. 4, 2011