Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Legal advise

I just found out last night my daughter was threated by her ex boyfriend it probably happened like 6 months ago(thats a guess).Is there anything I could do about it ?

Answer Question

Asked by themomof2girls at 1:16 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

Level 2 (4 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • I would report it to teh police. Just so its on record. You can see if you can get a protection order too.

    Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 1:17 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

  • oh yes and document document document so you have the information in the future

    Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 1:18 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

  • Has he been in contact with her over the past 6 months? If not and you want to report it and get a RO on it, you should probably say something more vague about the time line. Otherwise the police may not even take a report on it.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

  • You can get a restraining order/order for protecton.

    Answer by Lobelia at 1:28 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

  • File a police report
    File a restraining order if need be

    Answer by monshine2 at 1:29 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

  • what exactly was said? and how do u prove it ? since so much time has passed i dont think u can do anything now,, but who knows im not a lawyer. but im glad to hear she has made him an EX

    Answer by mistik75 at 3:39 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

  • I dont think im going to try to do anything because if he finds out she told shes affraid he will do something.

    Comment by themomof2girls (original poster) at 5:05 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

  • Seeing, she is afraid he will do something because she told, you need to go to the police. Her safety is more important than anything else.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:00 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

  • I agree with tyfry on this. No matter the time frame if he threatened her in anyway it's important to report it to the police and try to get a restraining order. If he hasn't said/done anything since 6 mos, it might be hard to get a RO but you will at least have the complaint to the police on file especially if she is still afraid of him. GL and bless you/family

    Answer by pocmom at 11:54 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.