WalMart Price Match

Does anybody do the walmart price match for their groceries (or anything else)? I am going to try it this week, but don't know what I really should do to be most organized at the checkout. Any tips?! I'm so excited, because our walmart price matches ALDIs ad prices, which means I can get my produce for wicked cheap!!

TarraJoy

Asked by TarraJoy at 1:18 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Money & Work

• I don't because it has to be an exact match for the product and Walmart doesn't carry the store brands of the products I usually buy. So if I go to Food City and get the store brand there it is called Food Club, but at Walmart they do not carry Food Club products. Price match is only good on name brand products and I've found the few name brands I buy are less expensive at other stores and more expensive at Walmart.
    Anonymous

• I do it, I have a list with the sale prices. When I check out I keep the products on my price list at the back of all my stuff, then tell the cashier how much they are on sale for when he/she gets to that product.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 1:33 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• walmart will match prices only if a straight price like say two dollars. but found out will not do things like if add says 20 percent off and even when says two for five dollars they WILL NOT do so once good on a few items and I do not waste my time anymore with it.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:18 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Just saw a sign in a local WalMart that stated they would honor competitor's ads. I can't imagine anyone honoring competitor's prices without proof, though!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 4:41 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• It depends on the Walmart. As a previous Walmart cashier, I did price matching all the time for customers. I'd say call your local Walmart and talk to customer service first though because certain walmarts have certain policies. At the Walmart I worked for, we were allowed to do price matches without ads, we took customers words as truth. But...we could only match competitors that were in a 20 mile radius from our store. So yeah, every walmart has different policies. To avoid disappointment, make sure you know your local walmarts policies.
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 5:29 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• have done it for milk because walgreens often puts milk on sale.
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 6:26 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I stopped doing it a long time ago when I realized Walmart doesn't really WANT to do it. They will tell you one thing one week and another the next. They actually ORDER sizes from big companies that are specific only to Walmart so that they do not have to price match. Companies will do it too because Walmart orders such a mass amount of product. What their real goal is is to make you think that you need to but their store brand because it's cheaper and less hassle than price matching. They actually stopped carrying Glad sandwhich bags and some other things to try and FORCE you to buy theirs. They make more money on their brand. I'm so OVER Walmart and them trying to tell Americans what they can and can't have. You're better off shopping somewhere else and clipping coupons, buying things on sale, buying in bulk, etc.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:51 AM on Jan. 25, 2011