WWYD?(what would you do?) It took us 7 1/2 years to concieve our 2nd......

We are wanting 1 more, but considering how long it took for #2, should we start with in the next six months?

I am breastfeeding our 2nd right now, but not exclusively. I am having trouble producing enough milk. ( I have tried several different things to help bring it in better that didn't work) So she gets 4 to 6 oz of formula in a 24 hour day.

I wanted all of our kids to be close together so they would be close like my brothers and I are; it just didn't happen like I wanted.....

So, would you start trying now or wait? I know its a matter of opinion but I need advice. TIA.

MamaCyjo

Asked by MamaCyjo at 1:21 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I would start TTC as soon as you both are ready to try. We are in a similar situation; we adopted 2 children who are 7 and almost 8 now but we had a surprise pregnancy after trying for 9 years! Unfortunately, we m/c, got pregnant in November and m/c that baby too but we have been given the 'go ahead' by our doctor and aren't wasting any time. We don't want our kids to be a whole lot older before we hopefully welcome just one more child into our family. If our kids are almost 10 years old by the time this happens, we are okay with that but we don't think we will try if we don't have a successful pregnancy within a couple of years.
    Sticky baby dust to you!
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 3:18 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• This one is definitely a question that has to be answered by just you and your hubby/SO. Only you knows what feels right, if your body is ready, etc. So much more to think about than just the closeness of your children. Having said that, I was like you and wanted ours close for the same reasons. They all ended up being 4 years apart....sometimes we simply are not the one with the control...lol! Best of luck in making your decision a reality........NanaR46
    NanaR46

Answer by NanaR46 at 1:28 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• IMO, I would not wean in order to conceive.
    But if you and your husband are ready to have another baby, I would NOT prevent pregnancy.

Good luck!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:32 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Wait! It's best for the baby and your body! Breastfeeding is very important a baby's development.

Also, your body could become overly stressed if you have pregnancies too close together, can be dangerous...
    ChelseATX

Answer by ChelseATX at 6:13 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I would start trying again now, as long as you feel if you got pregnant straight away then you'd be fine with that then why not?
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 1:22 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I would start trying when you are ready to become pregnant again. Just because it took a long time to conceive #2, it doesn't mean that it will take that long to conceive #3. Good luck!
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 1:23 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I am comfortable with them being close together even with in a year- I want to continue to breastfeed because I know its beneficial to my daughter.
    MamaCyjo

Comment by MamaCyjo (original poster) at 1:25 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• i would go for it, as long as you are ready if it happens right away. good luck!
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 1:26 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I got a clean bill from the midwife, said my uterus is back to normal everything looked great- DH is ready- I am too. I guess I was just searching approval or someone to agree with me in my decision lol
    MamaCyjo

Comment by MamaCyjo (original poster) at 1:32 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I would start now....
    christinato

Answer by christinato at 1:41 PM on Jan. 24, 2011