Does anyone else work out with their Wii?

What games or programs do you use?
We got the Wii Fit board and NFL trainer and several dancing games and just got the biggest loser challenges, but we want more for just working out, not so much for losing weight. Any ideas?

Indyk

Asked by Indyk at 1:21 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I work my butt off doing Michael Jackson The Experience. I got 4 stars on the Thriller dance (the inhuman difficulty setting) lol. Seriously, though. It is quite a workout. I went to 3 different stores looking for the Wii Zumba game today. Apparently, it's hard to keep in stock.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:30 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I was all out sold on using the Wii workout things when they first started coming out. The novelty has worn off, but I do still work them in for variety. The EA Sports Active ones are my favorites. We also have Active Life Outdoor Challenge which is a good workout, and built entirely around games, so it's fun for kids, too. My personal least favorite are Wii Fit and DDR. Wii Fit (the first one) because you can't chain exercises together and have to stop after each one - defeats the purpose. DDR because the music irritates me (but DS likes it so he uses it).
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:28 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I have the ea active one. The only thing is the computer is slow to recognize what you've done
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:35 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I held off on the Wii fit...and waited to try out the XBox Kinnect...which I'm glad I did because I really like the kinnect better. I demo'd the EA Sports Active one on it and it was pretty damn cool....check into that one for the Wii =)
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 2:59 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• the wii fit upgrade allows you to chain exercises together.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:31 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I would if I had one.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 3:58 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I have the WiiFit Plus and Just Dance 1 & 2. I like them, but don't really use them to lose weight either.

Answer by missanc at 5:21 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Yea we do still use it I do Yoga my husband some fitness and strength training my son balancing games.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 8:01 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I just got the Wi ifit plus and I want the Easports active. I am loving it.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 8:42 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I know some people do! If you already have it- it can't hurt to try it out.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 1:44 AM on Jan. 25, 2011