POTTY TRAINING ADVICE

MY SON WILL BE 3YRS THIS FEB, AND HOPFULLY WILL BE IN SOME SORT OF PRESCHOOL, BUT THERES ONLY 1 PROBLEM. HE'S NOT POTTY TRAINED! I TRIED EVERYTHING, AND NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK. EVERYBODY IS TELLING ME "HE'S NOT READY" BUT MOST KIDS I KNOW ARE 3 AND POTTY TRAINED. PLEASE HELP.

KISSENA87

Asked by KISSENA87 at 1:29 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I was on the same boat as you a week ago. My 3 yr old wasn't trained yet. All I did was put her on the potty every 30 minutes and I also kept her in only her underwear. I created a sticker chart. Anytime she goes in the big girl potty she gets a sticker. After she gets X amount of stickers she will get a prize. I just picked up party favors from the dollar store. It's week two she hardly has accidents.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:32 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Put him in underwear only. Take him every 1/2 hour to start. If he goes, great, if not, next time. He'll have some accidents, but stick to the underwear. Stay home for 3 days and concentrate on this. You'll see, by day 2 he'll get it, by day 3 he'll be trained. He can stand if it's easier for him. It was easier for my boys. My oldest son just turned 3 when I did this. My younger 2 were closer to 3 1/2. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:07 PM on Jan. 24, 2011