Define a "stalker".

I keep seeing people complaining about being "stalked" on this site ( down voting, etc.). Really? Why can't you just turn the computer off for a little while instead of stewing about some anonymous person who knows nothing about you, where you live, or your family? You're just adding fuel to the fire by complaining about it. Plus, in the grand scheme of life, does it REALLY matter all that much?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I JUST WANT IT TO BE KNOWN THAT I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS!
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 1:34 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Pot meet kettle.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:35 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Your question was to define a stalker! Now your saying to drop it. What exactly is your question? To me a stalker is someone who is harassing someone privately here in cm. That shouldnt be allowed.

Anonymous

• HA HA usdragonflies have been asking stalking questions or something?

In real life I had a stalker and of coarse I was scared and did something about it. Here I just ignore them and don't say anything to them. They eventually go away.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:40 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I dont know op. I dont have this problem, maybe those being attacked should ask CM directly what they think about it. I mean we can go on for hours in here about it, but what does CM have to say about it, thats what I would want to know..
    Anonymous

• I also had a stalker in real life. Thanks to the PD I got help.
    Anonymous

• bumpI agree!!

arenad

Answer by arenad at 1:35 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• How about move on and let it go already? You are the one who keeps posting about it.

In everyday life stalking happens in many forms, as well as on the internet. Attempts to put someone down privatley or publicly are deemed obessive. If it bothers you so much, you could just stop posting and get off the computer yourself.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:41 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• So, should persistent downvoting be considered stalking?

Well how do you know who voted you down? You just assume that person did it. Voting down is just not agreeing with one's opinions. If someone wants to go to someones answers all the time an vote them down let them be petty.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:42 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• lol us dragonflies! We know! :D
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:42 PM on Jan. 24, 2011