Sex=better relationship? adult content

My dh thinks some of our relationship problems would o away if we had sex more often? I think they'd b there waiting once we climb out of bed, what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• Sex won't fix a relationship, however sex does help a couple stay connected and it's that connecting that will help you guys get through the rough times.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 1:51 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• If there are problem in a relationship, having sex or more sex isn't going to make it better. That's pretty much like saying, "having a baby would save our marriage". It just doesn't work that way. You both need to work on the problems, not hide them away or ignore them.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 1:37 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Sex isn't going to fix the problems you have but no sex will add to them.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 1:47 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• It always makes me and my husband feel better about everything. If we are starting to get irritated with eachother, its generally because we have gone a few days without. Then as soon as we do it, everything feels better again. For us at least sex leads to feeling more intimate with eachother, and more in love, which makes the other little things not seem to be an issue anymore. Im with your husband, and hell it doesnt hurt to try right! Enjoy it!
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 1:39 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• MrsMWF gets the best answer! She nailed it!

Answer by gdiamante at 1:59 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• IMO Sex isn't going to fix a relationship that is endangered. I mean, DH and I before we separated 3 years ago had sex every day and it didn't help.

WE are back together now but we have went through marriage counseling. Our major problem was communication. We both would keep our honest opinions to ourselves which just built up more stress and tension between us. Have you guys considered counseling?
    MamaCyjo

Answer by MamaCyjo at 1:37 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• More sex would most likely result in your husband being more communicative. But if you harbor resentment for being the one to make the concession, the net gain will be zero.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:41 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• it depends...if the problems in your relationship are due to a lack of sex then i guess more sex would be the answer
    MsBrazil86

Answer by MsBrazil86 at 1:45 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Listen to your husband. He's probably saying that HE could handle the relationship problems better if he got laid more...and he's totally right! I know a family member who said if his wife would just have sex with him, he could handle just about anything. I think for guys, this is very important.

I don't think more sex will make relationship problems go away. But I agree with previous moms, it can/will increase your intimacy and your connection so you can face those issues as a stronger front.
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 2:00 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• My personal thoughts.

Sex does not equal a happier relationship.. A happy, healthy, mutually satisfying, mutually pleasurable sex life DOES make happier relationship. A sex life that BOTH partners are mutually satisfied and fulfilled with does help to make a happier relationship.Sex is far more than just a physical release.Sex brings a couple closer together. It helps to strengthen the emotional bond and the physical bond of a couple. It's scientifically proven that the chemicals & hormones released during orgasm help to bond us, those chemicals/hormones really make us want each other, make us want to be closer to one another,they even make us happier, healthier and less stressed as individuals.

When a couple does not have a mutually satisfying sex life it can cause issues and resentments that affect the entire relationship. Problems feed off of one another.

Cont.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:06 PM on Jan. 24, 2011