Do your kids do this?

It doesn't matter what I'm eating, my 3 yr old wants it and it's driving me nuts. It doesn't seem to matter if I'm eatting the same thing as her or a yucky grown up food like black coffee or a plain salad with lots of onion & radishes. She wants it.

It's so bad that I had to stop eatting around her, only thing is she has given up naps this week so I don't get to eat. I'm hungry. :-(

Why do kids refuse to eat the food you give them, even stuff they like and want to take yours? Heck most of the time after I give it too her she just plays with it.

Kids are funny, aren't they?

Anonymous5

Asked by Anonymous5 at 1:37 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes, but I've used it to my advantage to get them to try stuff they turned their noses up at earlier.

"Mmmm.... green beans! I *love* fresh green beans, they're just so good...."

He he he
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 1:39 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Mine do that but it doesn't bother me it gets the exposed to food they might not want to try if its on their plate. As long as its not going to be bad for them its all good.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 1:40 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• It's called identification. They want to be like Mommy.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:43 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• TAKE ADVANTAGE! lol I have a very picky son and I think if he would have been more like that maybe he wouldnt be so picky.
    bhoward87

Answer by bhoward87 at 1:50 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I also use this to my advantage -- We even sometimes make a game of trying it together at the same time (off my plate) -- then if/when she wants more, we put some on her own plate.

USE THIS TO YOUR ADVANTAGE!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 4:08 PM on Jan. 24, 2011