Choosing Judaism

My DH is Jewish (from his mother), but he was never raised with it. Now he is attending synagogue and learning his heritage in classes with the rabbi. They have individual instruction and a group class. We are incorporating more into our home too (keeping Kosher, blessings, celebrating Shabbat, attending synagogue as a family for Shabbat evening and morning services). It has been very enlightening for me! I am reading everything the rabbi has my DH reading, I am studying all the materials he sends home. I feel like these past few months have made us a family again. I have been thinking about approaching the rabbi about choosing to be Jewish (I was raised Christian). Has anyone else converted to Judaism?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I was born Jewish, but we have friends who are Jews by Choice.

The Jewish Moms group is the oldest on cafemom. There are many wise and wonderful women there:  http://www.cafemom.com/group/1/

Answer by rkoloms at 9:57 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• i have not however if you feel this is right for you and your family than nothing should stop you. Mazel Tov !!
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 2:03 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I have not, but wanted to give you a bump. Hope you can find someone to answer your question and talk to you about converting.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 7:48 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• If you feel that is the right path for you that is great..I however havent converted to Judiasm..I am Muslim.
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 10:39 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Thank you all!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:29 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Not a convert-but very happy to hear you have found something that not only has value for you but also strengthens your family- that is what Faith is all about- CONGRADS to you!
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:37 AM on Jan. 25, 2011