College Moms: How do you manage homework time when you have a active 4 year old at home?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I have a 14mos old and I am finishing my Sophomore year of college, I am also a math major, so a lot of hands on Homework.  How do I do it?  Basically I do my homework when I get breaks.  Sometimes my SO takes our son to a friends house, there's a break, sometimes my LO is sleeping and I can catch an hour of study time in here and there. Basically just crunch for time and stay organized.  Once you fall behind it can be almost impossible to catch back up, especially if a big break is no where in sight. 

DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:43 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I have 6 and 7yo girls and have been going to school full time for 6 years. I am a Senior now. I do my homework while they are sleeping. It cuts back on my sleeping time, but at least my homework is done. I will also do it if they are busy on the computer. During the summer or when it is warm out I will bring my homework on the porch while they are playing outside.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 1:49 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I took two week long intensive courses, with a 4 WEEK old and a 4 yo at home. I did my work after they went to bed each night. I made use of my time during class for free work, and stayed after class at times to finsih up.

The best time to get anything personal done is BEDTIME, or during the weekends when my DH is home.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 3:16 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• coloring, snack time and tv
    MrsKoolAid

Answer by MrsKoolAid at 5:38 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I have a 9yo daughter and 4yo autistic b/g twins. I am currently taking 3 classes. Comp II, Psychology, and Pysiology. My teacher gave us about 250 pages and an essay to do before my next comp next Monday. I don't know when I will find the time. I try bedtime but my 4yo daughter will stay up till 12-1am, even with no nap. I will put her to bed and she will just cry and cry. Other times they are so demanding, always asking for something. My hubby will sometimes take them somewhere for a few hours or so. I work from 8-5 everyday also. This will definitely my toughest semester yet.
    anna_mccall

Answer by anna_mccall at 2:22 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I don't have a four year old, or homework, but I'm assuming a 4yo would be in bed by 8 or so, and then you could do your homework after he's in bed.
    Anonymous