ANOTHER potty training question...

I'm potty training my 2yr old son. So far, I can only get him to pee in the potty if I have him sit on it for long periods of time (he just started telling me when he goes peepee)
I don't want to have him sitting on the potty all day and I'm not sure what to do when he pees in his underwear (of course I end up changing them) but other than that.. do I sit him on the potty? If so, for how long?
I seriously need some step by step instructions.. I'm so scared of doing this wrong and screwing him up :(

alinker

Asked by alinker at 1:42 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I put my daughter on every 30 minutes to a hour for 5 minutes at a time. Of coarse she's just learning so that's why I do it so often.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:45 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Take him every 1/2 hour to start. Have him sit for a few minutes. If he goes, great. If not, next time. If he has an accident, just say, "pee pee goes in the potty!" Keep it very positive.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:12 PM on Jan. 24, 2011