How much would be enough?

How much money would you have to win in the lottery to say to your job, "Adios!!"? Let's not get all crazy with the "after taxes" stuff....just ballpark it.

DMac08

Asked by DMac08 at 1:44 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Hmmm. I am going to say $3 million to start. There is a nice condo building for sale a few miles from here for $2 million, and the income from the 40 or so condos in that would be a good starting point for more property investments.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:48 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• It wouldn't take much for my dh or me, but we have large family and I would like to donate to different charities. I could be happy with 10 million :) I could be happy with a lot less, but a long as we're wishing....:)))

happy

HappyGirl44

Answer by HappyGirl44 at 1:50 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• There isn't any amount that would make me NOT want to work. I would love to have enough to:
    1. put me and my husband both through school for our masters. CRNA (certified registered nurse anesthetist) for him and Certified Nurse Midwife for me
    2. put back enough for our kids to go to college
    3. build our dream house
    4. set up my practice

so.... I'm thinking like 10-20 million, but i would so take less. hell i'd be HAPPY with $250,000.
    paganmom05

Answer by paganmom05 at 2:12 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• If I quit, I'd be quitting for good, so I'd need enough to get a house, furnishings, put away for the kids for college and comfortably cover expenses for at least 10 years so I could go to school and get the kids off to college without any stress. That means utilities, cars, property taxes, food, etc. Plus my favorite charities would get a lil bump...

Here in CA, the real estate alone will kill ya... so I'd need about 20-30 million. Goodbye 9-5, hello university!
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:35 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Right now I would say $1m would get the job started off well and go from there. Invested correctly it would last myself and my children's families a long time.
    Corilyn1221

Answer by Corilyn1221 at 9:56 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• 15 million
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 10:44 PM on Jan. 24, 2011