Has a strange ever told you how to take care of your child?

i.e. your child is crying or having a meltdown.

AlisonAstair

Asked by AlisonAstair at 1:44 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes.  It is very irritating.  I don't know everything about parenting and don't claim to but when I need help I freaking ask for it.  Actually, I come here and ask for it, lol.  Maybe this makes me just as bad though, I was in the Walmart parking lot and saw this woman getting extremely frustrated.  She had 3 small kids with her and was dragging one by the arm and yelling at the other one.  It was obvious as hell that she was stressed out so I gave her a hug.  Yes, I gave some random woman a hug, lol.  I just went up to her and smiled and said "whooosawww mama".  She started laughing so I gave her a hug.  I didn't think that woman was going to let me go, lol.  It worked.  Sometimes maybe criticism isn't the Dr.s order for the day, sometimes it's just someone to understand what we're going thru.  :)

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:59 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Well no, but I had a complete stranger come up to me when I had to leave the store due to my daughter throwing a HUGE fit because she couldn't have something. She was screaming at the top of her lungs "I HATE YOU" all eyes were on me and I was SO embarrassed.. The lady came up to my daughter and told her " I think your mom feels the same way about you right now"... I couldn't believe this little lady said that...
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 1:55 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• lol yes. Especially when my daughter had colic, people used to come up to me all the time. My 2 year old just started having melt downs and once at the mall a woman just stood there and stared at us. I was waiting for her to say something and I would have told her to bite me.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 1:56 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• When my Son was newborn, I took him to the grocery store for the first time to shop. He had a newborn pacifier in his mouth and was dozing off when a crazy lady passed & yelled get that thing out of his mouth & approched him quick! I pulled the cart back & yelled HEY! I think the look on my face scared her & she ran down the isle! I would have punched her right in the mouth if she touched my Son. I was like WTF??? Since then when he was small, I shopped at night alone when my DH watched him or with my DH .
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:42 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• yes. but i shrug it off
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 1:51 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Surprisingly, no. I can't imagine what I would say, if they were rude. If it was someone very kind and you could tell they were trying to help, I think I would feel good that someone saw I was struggling, and understood.
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 1:54 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• My child is very well behaved.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 2:03 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Oops, I said that wrong too, she had 2 kids, not 3 sorry.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:14 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• haha -- yes. I let her continue talking while I looked at her quizically -- and then I said something along the lines of ...."si? me no comprende english. U ese espanol?" HA! SHe walked away without another word.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 4:06 PM on Jan. 24, 2011