Circuit or alternate days?

I feel like I get better focus by splitting up cardio and strength on different days, but I've never tried "serious" circuit training - just the kind that you do with a workout video once in a while. If you do regular circuit training only, instead of splitting it up, does it seem as effective?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 1:45 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I've heard that if you do weights first it makes your cardio more effective
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:52 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• doing a bit of weight-training, using various weights/techniques on alternate days not only gives you a good 'stretch' and muscle warm-up for a longer cardio (and you don't always want hard/fast cardio..endurance is better!), but also gives a time of rest, which they need, especially if you are gradually increasing weight/time.
    just make sure you use all muscle-groups/weights evenly, if you're going for all-over toning/strengthening. if you tend to focus more on a few areas, you'll likely become larger in those areas (muscle-wise) or lag in other. its better to 'share the wealth', since the whole-body supports the whole-body, y'know?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:08 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Splitting up the cardio and the circuit training is the most effective way. If you only have "so much" time in a work out, do cardio one day, circuit the next. If you have enough time to do both, do the circuit training FIRST and get the muscles warmed up for a more effective cardio work out =)
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 2:55 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• i've always been told to do cardio one day, stregnth the next... give your body a time to rest from the daily grind that way.
    asil

Answer by asil at 7:06 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I've always done cardio daily, but alternated what muscle groups I was working each day.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:28 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• No idea but GL!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 1:36 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I think breaking things up is best.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:31 AM on Jan. 26, 2011