Vaccinating?

My 15 month old has her shots coming up on the 26 but i have really been debating if i should continue getting my kids vaccinated. I have been doing some research & reading on the side affects & dangers of it & if it is really even necessary? What i have found is startling & has got me to questioning allot of things now. I'm so confused but I'm starting to think maybe i should discontinue.Could someone give me some insight & opinions please?

iluvmykidsxoxo

Asked by iluvmykidsxoxo at 1:48 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• It is not black or white – vax or don’t vax.
    I can't urge you strongly enough to do your own research!! Do not base your decision on opinions. Many people read the same information and have differing conclusions. Our conclusions were that the preservatives are toxic and the interaction between the vaccines can be dangerous; we also feel that teeny bodies can handle only so much intrusion at a time.
    We choose to selectively vaccinate on a delayed schedule. The first vax was after our daughter turned one. We never did more than one vax per office visist. We had the office order single dose, preservative free vaccines; we concluded that the additives to the vaccines and the interactions between the vaccines posed the greatest danger. We skipped flu, chicken pox, and a couple of others. We always read the insert before allowing the shot to be given.
    Good luck.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:50 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I think that if you are concerned maybe you should delay them. My son is 3 and has never been vaccinated and I have decided to readdress it when he is 6 and his immune system is fully developed. I don't think that I will vaccinate him because I think it isn't necessary.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 2:01 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I do not vaccinate. I was injured by vaccines and so was my Aunt. The CDC says one in 6 children is injured in some way. For us the risks of vaccinating were much higher than the risks of not vaccinating. I would much rather my children get sick and be treated and have a naturally strong immune system than vaccinate and put them at risk for chemical or metal poisoning AND still have them be at risk of getting sick - because the vaccines don't have anywhere near a 100% protection rate. If you have concerns I recommend you take the time to watch "Vaccines: The Risks, The Benefits, The Choices" It's a documentary put together by a Pediatrition who now speciallizes in vaccine information. There you will learn all the pros & cons to BOTH sides of the issue.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:03 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Well I vaccinate and I do it because some of those side effects are really rare. I would rather my child not have the disease those vaccines help prevent. But do as much research as possible and plebe don't believe the whole they cause Autism, that's already been discredited.
    Do what YOU think is best for you child. Sure get advise on here but don't let anyone tell you what is the right thing to do. Good Luck!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:53 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• with all things, you have to outweigh the risks and benefits. i have always followed the recommendations outlined by the CDC when it comes to the health of my children. ive always thought the vaccines are much less lethal than the diseases they protect against.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:54 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Its kind of a decision that you have to make for yourself and for your family. Its also something that you and your husband should agree on. I know just how you feel. Its kind of one of those situations that makes you feel like there is no good answer. All you can do is do all the research you can, talk to people from both sides about the issue, and let that help you figure out what to do. I would recomend if you are struggling with the idea at the very least look into selective vaccincating and vaccinating on a delayed schedule. It doesnt necessarily have to be an all or nothing situation.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 1:57 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I think the benefits of vaccinating outweigh the risks. However, we had them spread out.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 1:58 PM on Jan. 24, 2011