Would this upset you? maybe it is just hormones!!!!

I am 7 weeks pregnant and it was not planned, my hubby did not want any more. So yes he was very shocked. We have have just started telling people. So when I was at preschool today picking up my daughter, my hubby's uncle was picking his grandson up and he says "Congratulations, I heard Steve was noy happy about it". I don't know why but it just hit me wrong and I wanted to start crying! I have tried to be positive this whole time and my husband has gotten alot better over the weeks. So I called my hubby and pretty much cussed him out and told him I didn't want to hear another negative word. My MIL is the one that told his uncle. She is very happy about it but I am guessing she had to add in the part about my hubby not being happy about it. And I thought about giving her a piece of mind too! Is it just me and my hormones?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I think the uncle was rude and insensitive. Even if hubby wasn't happy about it he shouldn't have said that to you.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:04 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• That was very rude.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:07 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• **Of your hubby's uncle. I would have said something too!
    TARARENEE

• I would have been very mad.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:08 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• The uncle was an idiot but I think you are a bit hormonal. People say stupid stuff all the time. Let it roll off your back. I don't think its a big deal your husband wasn't very happy. He'll come around. I wasn't very excited when I found out we were expecting our 6th.
    Dabberdoo

Answer by Dabberdoo at 2:11 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I am a firm believer that even if you aren't happy about baby, you freaking fake it damnit.  You don't go telling people that you aren't happy about having another baby.  That was rude of him to say and rude of your mother in law to repeat.  Hugs to you gf!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:12 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Are you sure they aren't actually trying to put your husband down for his negative attitude?

Your feelings are never right or wrong... they just ar.. it's what you do with it that matters. I have a feeling the rest of your family feels hubby has been an ass and are expressing that as they know how.

And unless you HEARD your MIL telling the uncle about the unhappy part, you're making an assumption that might be VERY VERY wrong. Your husband may have been the one to say it. So leave it. Forget it. Your hubby is the only one to have expressed unhappiness and the family seems to be making him the fool for it. Just sit and be serene, mom.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:16 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I think you over reacted, and I would apologize to hubby.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:54 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I'd say "You know what? Maybe it wasn't planned but it happened and we're making the best of it." But honestly...it's no ones buisness but you and your husbands. It doesn't matter what other people say or think. And that guy probably figured he had a right to say what he did since you're all family. Don't let people bother you. You're pregnant. Focus on yourself, your wants, your needs. I'm sure your husband will come around.
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 5:21 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• My current pregnancy wasnt planned either and at first it caught me by surprise since im 41 and the youngest is 8yrs old. but everything happens for a reason!!
    michellesgirls2

Answer by michellesgirls2 at 2:48 PM on Jan. 27, 2011