What is wrong with me? adult content

I had a baby 6 months ago and my sex drive has been gone since before she was even born. I can understand when I am preg not really wanting to have sex but even now I am never in the mood. My fianace wants it ALL the time and sometimes he will make me feel bad if I am not in the mood to do anything. He says he will never go elsewhere but sometimes it still worries me alittle that he might if I don't start being in the mood more. I heard that after you have a baby you may lose it for alittle while but she is almost 6 months and I still could care less about doing anything at all. Why is that? Should I talk to my doctor about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes, talk to your doctor about it . Very normal. There are creams and presriptions that can help. GL!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:05 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Talk to your doctor. It can't hurt.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:06 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Because your libido is still in hibernation. It's fulfilled its function of reproduction... sex drive has a LOT to do with that. Six months isn't that long, really. Not biologically speaking.

You're not unusual. You may just have to go with it and let him do what he wants.... sometimes waiting till you're in the mood is the surest way to keep that mood away.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:07 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• You should talk to your doctor, but he/she will tell you that this is very normal. Your body is still adjusting to the hormone drop from having the baby. If you are breastfeeding you get a dose of hormones that make you not want sex (you'll find it hard to get wet or even slightly aroused).

Sometimes it helps if you pep talk yourself into it or just initiate it on your own terms (even if you don't feel like it).

Your fiance needs to be understanding though and not make you feel bad for it. This is something biological that you can't control (much like erectile dysfunction). And that making you feel like less of a woman is not going to benefit your relationship.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 2:08 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Babe your hormones are still messed up, those in itself can make your sex drive go down.  Do you think that maybe if you guys just tried that you would eventually get into it and want to?  Do you LIKE to have sex with your hubby?  And I have to say, him trying to make you feel badly for it is in poor taste and a bit pathetic in my opinion.  He isn't the one who just had a baby, you are.  He should respect your feelings.  Now, on the other hand, you need to respect your hubbys opinions too.  He has needs just like the rest of us. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:09 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Talk to your doctor.Maybe have him go with you.
    Anonymous

• Babe your hormones are still messed up, those in itself can make your sex drive go down. Do you think that maybe if you guys just tried that you would eventually get into it and want to? Do you LIKE to have sex with your hubby? And I have to say, him trying to make you feel badly for it is in poor taste and a bit pathetic in my opinion. He isn't the one who just had a baby, you are. He should respect your feelings. Now, on the other hand, you need to respect your hubbys opinions too. He has needs just like the rest of us.

I love to have sex with him,well at least I used to. I do understand his needs as well and I do just do it sometimes to make him happy but he is the kind of guy that needs to get off everyday and sometimes more then once a day and I am just not in the mood to do it much at all. The baby does sleep thru the night but I still do not sleep well and I feel so exhausted and drained 24/7.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:16 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I totally know what you are going through. You and i are in the same boat. I talked to my doctor and he said that its normal to feel this way. Everything will go back to normal eventually usually after the first year of life. I know it sounds like a long time and probably longer for your DH. There are meds that you can take and all you need to do is ask you Doc which would be best for you.GL
    Shortma197

Answer by Shortma197 at 6:43 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• There are other ways to please him. try something new and wild. no one will know but u too. it will all come back to you. don't worry, i dont' think he would cheat on you. you just gave him a little baby!
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 10:11 PM on Jan. 24, 2011