Is there such a thing to kiss/hug and love on your child TOO much?

I can't help it.... I kiss and hug my 3 year old ALL the time.. but being he will be our only, I also thing I do too many things FOR him and still think and see him as "my baby' we didn't get an easy baby to say it gently, I had PPD and bonding issues so I think sometimes I am making up for that.. which would be fine but I think I am hindering him from learning independence or self confidence.. I still put on his shoes and totally dress him.. the thing is, he TOTALLY lets me..we jokingly say he has "king qualities" along with my doing things for him... I am aware of it and working on it... but do you think the constant loving and kissing is too much too??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• Nothing wrong with that at all!!!! People say I have done too much for my daughter who is 14 because she still wants me to go back with her at the doctor and dentist just to name a few things but I look at it as if I make her feel safe and secure then I have done a good job!!!

SweetOrangeMama

Answer by SweetOrangeMama at 2:12 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Nope, not possible.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 2:09 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• There is no such thing as kissing them or hugging them to much but there is such a thing as hoovering to much. He's let him do things on his own. He needs to learn. You don't want to still be dressing him when he's 8 do you?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:10 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Hug and kiss him as much as he likes.

Answer by Bmat at 2:14 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• enjoy him while you can! You never get those years back, so while he's still young enough to dress and ddo all those things - go for it. but as far as kissing and hugging... do it as much as possible!! i
    Mamma2E

Answer by Mamma2E at 2:23 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Continue with your hugging and kissing -- a child can never get too much of that. BUT -- also start incorporating a little independence into his daily routine -- let him put on his clothes and then you help with his shoes -- or whatever works for you. I "baby" my 3.5 year-old as well -- but when she does "big-girl" things -- like dress herself, I hug her and kiss her and exclaim over what a big girl she is becoming. She always blushes and it's adorable!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 4:03 PM on Jan. 24, 2011