Does your husband know the name of your child's school, doctor, etc?

I was amazed that my husband has no clue what school our kids go to! His excuse is that he works..Boo hoo! When I worked full time I knew where they went, since I had to pick them up! Plus I knew their teachers etc...everything a parent should know. I found it a bit sad how much he didn't know about his kids.

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 2:23 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• My ex forgot the middle name of our son. How hard is that, its HIS first name!!! lol
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 2:25 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• LOL very funny! No way, he's lucky to remember what day they were born on.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:25 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• He does now. As his son got older he took a more active role in his life.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 2:26 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• My hubby is the same way. He think my OB/GYN is my kids doctor also. I have to explain to hime everytime one of us have a doctor appointment who doctor is whose. He still dosen't get it.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 2:26 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Yes, he's a wonderful daddy!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:26 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• omg yes. Ditto for daughters ballet coach, assistant coach, the junior helpers, the names of everyone is sons kindergarten class, teacher/principal/office secretary, etc etc . he also knows what day is gym, library, etc. It's shocking to me a dad would want kids and then entirely hand them over to the mom and do so little. raising them is FUN. I schedule dr appts around my husbands schedule. he wants to be there. he handles shots better, we bet on their weight and height, etc etc
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:27 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• my husband knows all of that stuff..
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 2:27 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• he knows the scholl they attend and WHERE the doc is thats about it
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 2:30 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Yes he does, it's very important that they know. Goog question to ask to remind us all to remind them!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:33 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• DH knows their doctors, school, birthdays. The only thing he might not completely up on is the names of all of the older kids' teachers. They are in middle school, so different teachers for different periods. Some days I barely know that.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:33 PM on Jan. 24, 2011