Do you feel more of a connection with one of your children?

Even though you love all of your children, there are often times that a parent will say that they feel more of a connection with one particular child. Sometimes it's through a shared activity, other times it's a special interest they share together. And then there are times that they just feel a deeper understanding for a particular child. Has this ever happened to you? With one of your children or with you own parent?

AlisonAstair

Asked by AlisonAstair at 2:26 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• My youngest. He's my little sunshine. He's only 6 but I just enjoy being around him so much. Of course I love all my boys but something about Bailey just makes my heart inflate a million times bigger.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:28 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• My son and I are closer. He is a major mamas boy. He hates anyone coming lose to me or sitting next to me. My daughter is a daddys girl.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• My two girls are 17 years apart. My oldest has always been very independent and pretty much a mirror of her mother. With this comes clashes. My youngest daughter is very much like her father. I do have a much calmer and loving relationship with my youngest......I connect with both of my girls but on very different levels. One connection being chaotic and one connection being calm.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 2:30 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• My son is the apple of my eye! He's such a joy and is very loving. I'm so blessed to have him in my life!
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 2:30 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I don't feel more of a connection with 1 of my boys than the other but I do feel very different bonds with each of them.

My oldest I've always felt was special to me because he's mine from a previous marriage. I've often very selfishly felt like he's mine alone, which of course isn't true, but I feel that way. He's the reason I met & fell in love w/my husband, & we share an interest in literature, writing & enjoy long philosophical conversations.

My middle son, I feel a special bond with because he's the 1 who tied all of us together by blood. He's very protective of me, which is funny, because I was so protective of him when he was little, he had some big challenges to overcome & I'm so very proud of him. I guess I'm still protective of him .

My youngest son, he's the baby & I'm very close to him because I homeschooled him longest & spent so much time just him & me.

I still enjoy time alone with each of them!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:36 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I love all of my children (most of the time) LOL. I was totally kidding about that.....(kinda) lol. Anyway, at different times I've felt closer to different kids, (sometimes their not even my kids) J/K. lol. My oldest daughter and I can talk and talk and talk, about just about anything and everything (but don't always agree, and then her tween claws come out. lol) . My 2nd oldest son, is a lot of fun to play video games w/. (as long as he's winning....which happens a lot anyway). My 3rd child is 2 1/2 and he's caught between that ornery getting into everything throwing tantrums side, and the sweet, loving still needs mommy's lap side. And my youngest is 6 mos and she lights up my life, (and makes me want to pull my hair out) But I look at her and maybe it's that I know that I can't have anymore babies, but she's pulling my heart strings right now, more than my others did when they were babies.
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 2:37 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I have finally accepted that I DO have a favorite!
    My girls are TWENTY YEARS apart -- so without doubt, I am closer to my youngest -- she is my reason for breathing and I adore her. I also love my older daughter, but she has always been a Daddy's girl and it's still that way!. I also think that I am a more patient mom now than I was 20 years ago when I had the oldest!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 3:56 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I have always felt that I really 'get' my eldest... but I have a real soft-spot for my youngest (who I totally don't understand). So 'both but in different ways'...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:00 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• i have a different bond with each of my kids. They are both very close to me , but my daughter seems to cling to me the most , she is the ultimate mommy's girl and i always wanted a girl so i tend to cater to her more but she is 2 yrs younger than my son . But i love him just the same , i couldnt have asked for a better son.
    MsBrazil86

Answer by MsBrazil86 at 7:31 AM on Jan. 25, 2011