How far would you go to meet someone, you met online?

mslh84

Asked by mslh84 at 2:31 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• I did meet someone I met online. We are now married. :-)
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I've done it already. I get to know them for a few months online and then me them in a public place. It's how I met my ex we were together for 4 years and how I met my husband.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Awww thats pretty awesome. How far away were you two originally from each other?
    mslh84

Comment by mslh84 (original poster) at 2:33 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I met my dh online. He drove from Pa. to Ohio to meet me (about an 8 hr. drive)
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 2:33 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Its way easier for me to meet people online!
    mslh84

• I have a very good friend I've been talking to online since I was 14. I am now 29! We still haven't met but he lives close enough to NYC to commute so I plan on taking a 3 day trip to NYC the 1st week of my kids school vacation to FINALLY meet. His fiance will come too and her adorable little brother. He is like my brother and other than my parents he's probably the person I know the most about and who knows the most about me. It was NEVER romantic because we knew neither of us would ever be willing to move cross country.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:34 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• oh - and I'll go back out there in 2012 for his wedding. He didn't come to mine because I eloped and NO ONE was invited. Except my husband of course :)
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:35 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• My husband lived 10 minutes from me.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:36 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• As in fly 100/1000 of mile to meet the person for the first time? Or drive across the country to meet? No I would not.
    If the other person wanted to that is their problem. I might go to the next big city in my state, that is it.

Answer by louise2 at 2:37 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• i personally drove 45-mins, which is a simple commute, when i was doing the online-dating..i definitely had my limitations set and wasn't going to let go of it for just a date. later, i had one guy drive TO ME regularly 10hrs, every weekend. i just wasn't into him that much. haha. of course, he turned out to be a stalker of sorts, when i broke it off...it took me nearly 8months to rid myself of him.
    after all that, i finally ended up meeting someone in my own town, and we have now been married nearly 6 yrs. go figure.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:38 PM on Jan. 24, 2011