The sex talk...

How old were your kids?
What did you tell them?
How did they take it?
Did they say anything that made you bust up laughing during or days later?

misses_nick

Asked by misses_nick at 2:40 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• We did not do THE sex talk with any of our children. It was incorporated into our daily lives from the time they were little, and whatever questions they had were answered as we went. If I had it to do over, I'd do it the exact same way.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:42 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• my son was about 13 when i went to books a million and got him a book about puberty and things ..... i went into his room and gave it to him to read and walked out. a few hours later he asked me if he could ask me a question about the book. i said "what book?" LOL, and then went to get dad. dad said later that he was wondering if we knew there were pictures in the book. LOL.
    mistik75

Answer by mistik75 at 3:02 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• my dd hasnt gotten there. but dh and I have already planned it out...

my parents told me just dont do it.. and left
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 2:44 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• i'm going to go the European approach and start whenever they start asking
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 3:48 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• We've answered questions as they come up, though most of them have not been too specific... how are babies born, why do moms have breasts and dads don't, stuff like that. So far they have not really asked about the mechanics of intercourse so we haven't covered that yet. My son started asking a lot of questions when he was four and I was pregnant with my youngest, but most of his questions were about how the baby would get out.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 5:05 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Well... My son is 7 and he and I have already had some talks about sex. Not nessisarily the act and how it is performed but the consiquences of it and when and age and such. He watches pregnancy shows with me on tlc and has seen babies born by natural birth and by c section. (he got curious when I got pregnant with his sister (now 16 months old). My son is very mature for his age. Not sure when we will elaborate on that topic though. He understands that it is a grown up act and there can be alot of consiquences though.
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 3:51 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• They usually take a puberty class at age 11 or twelve at school, they usually dont ask before then but if they do and you have trouble explaining the situation get a book from the library.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 8:23 PM on Jan. 24, 2011