DD going #2 in the potty

For about a month and a half now DD (2.5) has been peeing in the potty every day. She tells me when she needs to go and rarely has accidents. However, I cant get her to go #2 in the potty. She wont tell me when she is pooping. I tell her all the time to let me know when she needs to poop. I usually know what time of day she needs to poop and keep putting her on the potty to go and she just wont poop untill I put her underwear back on. Frankly Im sick of washing poopy underwear every single day. Any tips you have?? Please, Im getting desparate. I want to make sure she is FULLY potty trained by the time I have this next baby.

leksismommy

Asked by leksismommy at 2:44 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you tried rewards? M&Ms worked for my son. He was similar to your daughter.
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 2:52 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• are you doing an adult toilet or a freestanding potty chair?

you need to try and get her to do it once (asap) so she can see it's no big deal and also to get used to the feeling, the muscles, etc. at this point your best bet is probably to DISTRACT. put her on the seat at the time you think she's likely to go and hand her whatever is awesome to her. portable dvd player with a new movie? ipod? your cell phone? DS? her favorite picture album? the phone with daddy or grandpa on the other line? etc etc. sitting on the seat with a very good distraction and in theory she will poop. possibly with out even knowing.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:54 PM on Jan. 24, 2011