How do you get motivated and stay motivated?

I keep trying and trying to keep an exercise routine going, but my biggest two problems are getting sick or injured, and not being able to stay motivated. I'm really considering cutting out pictures of nice sized people from magazines (not the scary skinny models) and pics of me before I got pregnant and posting them all over my house lol. Maybe that will annoy me into working out more often.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 2:49 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• That worked for me. I baught a pair of jeans in the size I want to wear and taped them up on the outside of my closet. I saw them every day and really wanted to wear them every day. It really worked, everytime I wanted to eat something not good for me or didnt want to work out, I just went and looked at those jeans and how bad I wanted to wear them on my birthday. It helped me lose weight and keep me motivated, until I got pregnant, lol. Im planning to do the same method until Im at my goal weight.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 2:57 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I kept trying on a favorite pair of jeans until I could actually get them on, button and zipped without lying on the bed. I hate how jeans can say the same size but aren't cut the same at BUT it is helping me focus on getting into the black jeans that I like. I still have to lie on the bed, but I'm hoping by summer, I won't have to use the bed to put them on.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 3:22 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Getting motivated is easy...it's staying motivated that's hard....especially during the plateaus. Honestly, my kids motivate me a lot, my motivation KILLER is lack of time.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 2:52 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I have a few pictures from before I lost all the weight. Those are inspiration enough - I don't ever want to be back there again, where the walk from the parking lot to my desk left me out of breath.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:25 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I look at before and now pictures of me and keep telling myself I am so much better looking before. Also my health is at risk if I don't get close to the before pics/
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 3:54 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• reward yourself when you reach a goal w/ a new pair of jeans or something you really like
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 3:57 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I read this article recently and loved it...scroll down to the portion called "The Tao of Beachbody". I love Beachbody's free e-mail newsletter--it's always got a lot of good info and inspirational/motivational articles.

http://www.beachbody.com/product/newsletters/nl_443.do?code=NEWS_443_V1_ARTICLE2#article2

vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 4:03 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Well i never had skinny pictures of me.. I was always fat ! lol. I put pictures of me all around the house to show me what i look like. I knew i wasnt happy there. It did motivate me and still does. I lost 90lbs and those pictures show me never to go back.
    goodfriendeva

Answer by goodfriendeva at 5:27 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• My pants motivate me. I like them to fit.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:59 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• being healthy is enough motiviation for me
    asil

Answer by asil at 7:04 PM on Jan. 24, 2011