Okay just because I am a MA doesn't mean I'm a freaking doctor!

Okay I went to college and got my Medical Assistant Certificate. Ever since then a lot of my family calls me and asks me medical questions. Things that are beyond what I learned. One time my mother called me I and described her BM (ewww) among other problems. I gave a shot in the dark and said what it was and she went to see a doctor and lucky I was right. Not since then everyone calls me about every little thing. My brother called me and described he's wife woman problem down there. Like I want to know! Some people think just because you went to college you must be some genius. I am the only one in my family to go to college. It's so freaking annoying!
It makes me think of questions on here. My period is late, Am I pregnant? WE DON'T KNOW! AGH! Sorry had to vent.
So how has you day gone? :)

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 2:55 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Better look out. jewjew seems like she might personally come take your certification away!

What the heck? Why the badgering? And also, why continue badgering after saying you are going to leave it alone?

I am sorry your post was hijacked and turned into a visit from the mother-in-law! LOL!
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 3:54 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• jewjewbee takes the fun out of Just For Fun.. we should have a new category called Just For Drama...
    Anonymous

• Ahahahahaha! Try having a psychology degree...
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 2:57 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• i have this purple discharge coming from my big toe and was wondering what might cause this........ Just Kidding' ... Ha Ha Ha !!
    mistik75

Answer by mistik75 at 2:58 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I can see how that would be so annoying. I would just tell them that it sounds like they need to see their doctor that you really cant say for sure what it is. After awhile they may just quit asking.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:04 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I am an MA, too and I have just started saying "Well here is the number of a good pediatrician." or whatever kind of doctor they need. We are trained to assist the doctor, we don't have their years of expeirence studying all the various ailments!
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 3:04 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• lol... Too funny. I am sick and my 3 year old son is so bored he destroyed the house!! Hope the day gets better since he is napping :)
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 2:58 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I know what you mean. I was just a nurses assistant. My family and friends would do that. I started just telling them I didn't know, even if I did. They finally stopped.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:00 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Go troll else where jew jew
    Anonymous

• oh dear god jew jew...knock it off. She can't help that they call her! She said she told them to call her doctor. I'm a nursing assistant and I get the same thing.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:16 PM on Jan. 24, 2011