Have you every personally heard from God?

If so, how did you know? Was it a word you heard? A feeling? Intuition? Tell me about it. :)

mama3ks97

Asked by mama3ks97 at 3:04 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have not heard His voice audibly before, but I know when He is speaking to me. Hard to explain. I get a feeling within me that does not go away until I listen. It is not the same as my conscious, when I know something is right or wrong. He puts things on my heart, and I am not able to ignore it. The feeling doesnt go away until I do what He has put on my heart to do. He has also spoken to me through other people as well. When I really needed something in my life, He has helped me through others and I knew it was Him. When I have needed signs that He was with me, He has given me signs. I am hopeing that one day I will hear His voice audibly. I have woken up from dreams where I believe in my dream it was Him saying "Everything will be okay" and it has put me at ease, but I would love to hear Him while im awake. But either way I know when He is speaking to my heart.
    Godslight85

Answer by Godslight85 at 10:42 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• yes, I've heard Him in my spirit and He's talked to me through others. Like when I'm upset He'll remind me of His promises either directly to me or He'll give a word to someone else to give to me.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 3:07 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I agree with kittieashy. They say if you are very still you can hear the small still voice in your spirit that is God. When I was in my darkest days, just before my hip replacement surgery, and was wondering if it was worth all I was going through, I prayed with all I had in me. I was very low, and I heard from inside of me "you are my child, I love you,and still have plans for your life." He also led me to Isaiah 60:1. I have always loved Isaiah, and I have studied chapter 61 at great length, but had never truly looked at 60:1. And, that's where He led me to, I was hearing "Isaiah 61, and as I was flipping to it, my Bible fell open at 60:1, and I'm so glad it did. It changed my whole outlook,and I have no doubts whatsoever that God was speaking to me,and leading me that day.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 3:26 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I cant say that I have..
    ArystaBrat

Answer by ArystaBrat at 3:13 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Yes, every time I read Scripture.
    Anonymous

• I think I've heard from my spirit guide.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:45 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Yes I have and they were " I Love You" I heard it audibly and KNEW it was Father God speaking to me!
    cbk Is 60-61 are my favs too!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:26 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Yes, and I think God even gives you things you don't ask for out loud. Like one day I thought I wanted to have the kids make these cookies for the patients in the hospital but the recipe called for candy canes. I thought were am I gonna find candy canes at this time of year? I went to the drug store and right up front as I was checking out there was the candy canes on sale for .50 for the whole box and I've had this happen more than once.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 9:06 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Yes, I have. I used to be involved with a prayer group where three women would be prayed for by everyone in the group each week. Several times, God whispered the woman's name to me before I drew it out of the bag.

Another example is through unusually vivid dreams. I had a dream one night that someone in my family committed suicide. Later the next day, he did threaten suicide. I believe the dream was a warning that I should handle the situation carefully. He stomped out of the house saying he was going to jump in front of a train, but came back before too long.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 7:17 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Yes. It was an inner locution, and He said, "Trust Me"
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:09 PM on Jan. 25, 2011