How many times a day to eat?

its pure torture to get my son to eat anything! he is 10 months and will only eat if you distract him with a toy..i mean i have a drawer full of things to pull out just to try and get him to finish a bowl! its driving me crazy! He'll eat cherrios and puffs, but thats it. I've tried waffles and things of that sort but he just pushes them out with him tongue. Baby food i can get him to eat eventually, after about a half hour of pure frustration..What else can i do???! (he is 10months btw)

dmdemes

Asked by dmdemes at 3:07 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'd totally STOP for like a good 2-3 weeks. Give yourself and him a break. Still encourage those things he WILL eat. His nutrition is still mostly coming from the bottle/breast right now and that is OK.

Try different cereals not just the baby kind (cream of wheat, malt o meal) and yogurts too.... he may have a sensitive palate or gag reflex.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:12 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• just keep trying... maybe hes teething or he just doesnt like whatever it is...keep trying hell eat when hes hungry
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 3:12 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• "food before 1 is just for fun"

He should be getting 99% of his nutrition from breast milk or formula.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:25 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Just put food on his tray and he'll either eat it or he won't He doesn't need solids at this age, your milk or formula are fine.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 3:25 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Don't sweat it. He's still young. As long as you're nursing on demand, or he's drinking the appropriate amount of formula, he's FINE. I agree with stopping for a few weeks, but if you don't want to stop, just OFFER solids maybe once a day, right after nursing/bottle. DON'T make a big deal of it, sit him down, offer food, wait a few min, and if he eats, great, if not, no biggie.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:31 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• dont worry about it. He may just want the formula. My kids were the same way.
    jennmargaret

Answer by jennmargaret at 5:26 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• thank you all! im going to give it a break for a couple of days, feeding time has become a nightmare around here!
    dmdemes

Comment by dmdemes (original poster) at 6:12 PM on Jan. 24, 2011