pipe snake question?

This is how stubborn I am ladies, I have gone through 3 bottles of drain opener and purchased a pipe snake for the bath tub drain. Has anyone ever used one of these things before? I seem to be getting it past the lip part. meaning Im getting the cord in about 10 inches but cant push it any farther. Ive tried so many times. What am I doing wrong or is the blockage so bad that I am there, but cant push it any farther. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Home & Garden

• thanks for the bump friend. If nobody knows could you ask a dh later,,,lol. Im a single mom. I so appreciate it
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:28 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• It sounds like their may be a blockage. I have used one, but it's been several years ago.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:33 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• http://www.hometips.com/repair-fix/drain-plumbing-snake.html

Hope this help
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 3:37 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• There's probably a 90 degree angle in the pipe that it can't bend around. Call a plumber, or if you rent, call the landlord.
    Anonymous

• thanks, I think Ive finally managed to get over the 90 degree angle but I must be getting caught on something cause it wont budge after a certain point
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:18 PM on Jan. 24, 2011