Is Castor Oil safe?

sbushman13011

Asked by sbushman13011 at 3:27 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• no
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 3:28 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• If you want killer cramps and to shit like hell go for it and take it. Other wise it doesn't help start labor.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:28 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• What PP said.... It seems like when your at the end its taking forever and you get so uncomforable but that baby knows when its ready. Not much longer!!
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 3:30 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• it wont work for starting labor its a old wise tale basically whats going to happen is it will just give you the runs and major cramps from gettng the runs. they use to tell people to take it befor they went into labor because it would clean them out and they would have less chance of pooping during delivery. Besides its really nasty tasting from what iv been told.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 3:32 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• From what I understand no, it's not safe.  I read on another post like this a mom said that it can't cause the baby to poop.  BS.  Yes it can.  Google it, look it up, do your research, see if it's what you want to try or not.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:32 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• if it was safe, doctors would be recommending it and it would be used in hospitals for pregnant women.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Let mother nature take its course....
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 3:35 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• dont do it! caster oil will make you poop and poop and poop. if it does start contractions you'll have both and it wont be fun
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:36 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I'm definitely NOT taking it now. I heard that's what it does. But it's definitely confirmed. And mother nature has it in for me i swear!
    sbushman13011

Comment by sbushman13011 (original poster) at 3:40 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• i tried it with my son (only a tiny amount though because i was afraid), it just made me poop.
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:08 PM on Jan. 24, 2011