Do I invited my fiance's parents to the wedding???

For those who have read some of my other posts, you may know that my fiance's parents don't like me. Nothing I did, just the way they are. Anyway, his mother told him the other day that they wouldn't be comming to the wedding because she had to work that day, even though she takes off work at a drop of a hat to do things with his sister. Anyway, should I send them an invite anyway? Oh if you are wondering, they live 20 min from the wedding site.

JLS2388

Asked by JLS2388 at 3:32 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes if for nothing else don't give them the ammo to say that you guys didn't even invite them.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Invite them....if they choose not to come, it's on them not you.....
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 3:40 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Yes. Start out on the right foot.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:34 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Yes. They are his parents and not inviting them will just cause more harm then good.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:34 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Absolutely! That way she can't go around telling her friends that you didn't even invite her. Send her the invite and then just let it go. She's only hurting her son by not going, but at least you won't have to put up with her on your special day. Her loss!
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:34 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I would. Atleast then it it is ever brought up again they can't say they weren't invited.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:34 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Send it so they don't complain later and you were the bigger person. She very obviously has problems if she is going to skip her son's wedding.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:36 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• yes you have to invite them whether or not they come
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 3:37 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Absolutely.
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 3:37 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Invite them if you want them to decide for themselves whether or not to come. If you (both) don't want them to come, don't invite them.

In fact, never invite anyone to your wedding who you do not want to come to it.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:38 PM on Jan. 24, 2011