should i wait?

I am thinking about having another baby I have 3 girls and would like to have a boy. I had my first two 11 months apart and my second and my last 16 months apart not planned at all! I want just one more baby and then I am getting fixed no matter what the gender is my baby is almost 8 months old now and I thaught about trying agian and having them close instead of waiting my dh and I are considering it and i just wanted someone elses opinion

april_f

Asked by april_f at 3:35 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• Only you can determine that.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:36 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• That's such a personal decision...if you feel well-equipped and situated to handle another one and having them all so close together, then why not?
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 3:36 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• If you guys are financially stable and ready for another baby go for it!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:36 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Physically, it would be better to wait --for you and for your baby. The more babies you have this close together, the more dramatically you increase your risk for pre-eclampsia. It takes a whole year for your body to fully recover from pregnancy, and closer to 2 for the hormones to re-balance. It would be healthier for you to take a break between the last and the next pregnancy.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:37 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• If you're ready - go on for it :)

Best of luck to you!
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 3:38 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• There's a lot to consider here: Financial, emotional, physical. How would you financially handle the additional expenses now? Are you really prepared to have 4 children under 5 years old? How did you deliver? Any pregnancy complications? It might be good to run this by your OB for his/her opinion on your health as well.
    mrsfitz05

Answer by mrsfitz05 at 3:39 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• your girls are a lot closer in age than mine are, and i personally thought i took the cake on this one. i have 3 girls also, and there is 39 months between the youngest and oldest. my youngest just celebrated her first birthday. personally, i could not handle another one right now, boy or girl (we want a boy too in the future) mentally or physically. i feel like i should have a party or something for not getting pregnant for a whole year lol. i mean, as long as you can afford it, and you are prepared to handle a fourth (which could possibly be another girl, oh boy!) , then go for it.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:49 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Medical studies have recently shown that children born less than 2 years apart have an increased risk for autism. Google search for "space between children, autism" and you'll get more info. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 3:53 PM on Jan. 24, 2011