Is there some sort of unwritten law that says you HAVE to be Facebook friends with your in-laws???

To make a very, VERY, LONG, story short.....
We are at ends with my in-laws... There were some decisons made around our children ( by my MIL) that we did not aprove of, when it was brought to our attention, we we tried to speak to her about it... we have since been basically "shunned" from the famiy because it is apprently taboo" to do such a thing lmao.....Anyway we havent really seen or spoke to any of them in months. Accept that is for the snide, rude remarks that my MIL and SIL would make on my FB. This was becoming more than upseting to me, so I deleted them. I figure, why are we FB friends, we're not friends in real life? lol
This all seems so juvinele to me.
So now I am getting hateful meassages from SIL so under the advice of my husband, I blocked her. And MIL keeps sending me friend requests.... Im like , they dont like me,,,, JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• oh I hope not!

I would block anyone that just had nasty things to say on my FB. Block away!!
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 3:38 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• LOL I know right? I didn't add my in laws and it caused a HUGE problem in my marriage my in laws flipped out and yelled at my hubby. My hubby went on my facebook and added them just to get them to shut up.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:38 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I know there are A LOT of misspellings, please excuse them, I typed very fast, and I am pretty upset.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:38 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• How very high school of them. Yes, some people think you have to be "friends" with everyone you are related to blood or marriage. My DH made a page to talk to relatives who live across the country and, this is not a joke, everyone he is related to who has a page found his page in less than 24 hours. Whether by word of mouth, email, suggestions by FB, I don't know but I won't even do one now because I'd likely have some of the same problems you're talking about.
    Anonymous

• Just block them.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 3:42 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Absolutly not! I can not stand my MIL. She is the biggest piece of drama I have ever met and she almost screwed up my marriage! I wont let her near my kids and have never even thought to have her on facebook. Neither has my husband
    mrssmitley1210

Answer by mrssmitley1210 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Nope, I'm not friends with them in real life, why would I be friends with them online? I would block them and be done with it.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:00 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I'm not friends with a lot of my family on fb. If I can't get along with them, why would I want them knowing what's going on my every day life?
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 4:51 PM on Jan. 24, 2011