what rewards does your LO get for going potty?

DS gets a thomas and friends sticker and I thought I'd make him a sticker album but I'll probably make a chart instead so he can see his progress. I was wondering about your methods? I dont know if i want to do candy. If it's really early or really late candy isnt something he should have lol. Plus he'd just break into the jar somehow and get them all over the floor then in his mouth in less than 5 minutes unsupervised.

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 3:38 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• I give her colorful stickers to add to her sticker chart once she goes potty X amount of times she gets to pick a prize from the toy bag. (random party favors)
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:39 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Lip gloss if she uses it, sticker if she sits on the potty.

My 2 y/o loves "lip gloss" a.k.a. chapstick.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:39 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I did 3-4 m&ms. It's really only a few days that you need a reward. Once they get it, it's OK.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:40 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• my son potty trained in like 72 hours, it was crazy weird.

my daughter was VERY difficult. the 1st time she complied was about 10pm one night. after a long battle she sat and pee'd and poohed. I sent my husband out right then and there for ice cream, cookies, sprinkles, and chocolate sauce and we had a party.

eventually it just became a cool big girl thing to do. we'd go out and tell people "look at us, no diaper bag!" and I let her come on more and more errands, a few extra restaurant trips, etc.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:41 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I did the sticker chart and then M&Ms for a little bit but it was 2 M&MS and I had little containers that were her potty rewards it worked well for us.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 3:41 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• with my oldest, she got one m&m for a pee and two for a poop. but like mompam said, this was only in the first few times of using it, once she had the concept down i didn't do the m&m's anymore. but i always used lots and lots of praise.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:42 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• did your LO's complain that they didnt get the candy then regress? Could that happen? I'll make that a new question lol
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 3:44 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• One M & M for sitting on potty AND trying
    Two for number 1
    Three for number 2

She gets to pick the color of M & M's she gets! This was her fav part!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 3:45 PM on Jan. 24, 2011