Creative cheap Ideas for Black History Month Souvneirs

I am a volunteer at a youth center working on a very small budget but the kids are doing a Black History assembly. They are inviting many people to see them act out a scenes and scripts of famous African American in history. This is not just for kids of this ethnic group but all the kids.

Does anyone have any ideas of gifts they could make or I could so that they have a souvenirs to give each person who come out to support them?
I will need at least 100 and there is no money but I am willing to do all the major stuff at home.

karing4elmas

Asked by karing4elmas at 3:43 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• One of the souvenirs I made for my son's graduation party was a book marker with his picture on it. You could make them with various black historical figures on them....Print them on cardstock, 5 to a page, hole punch at the top, and slip a ribbon through them. Very simple to make a large supply, and very affordable!! I laminated mine, but you wouldn't have to.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 5:21 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• What about making peanuts out of model magic and adding a pin back to them. I would suggest real peanuts, but with so many allergies, it's not safe. Or maybe you could make a small book of recipes using peanuts and sweet potatoes. GWC came up with 300+ uses for peanuts and 100+ uses for sweet potatoes. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:00 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I found colored book marks of 8 famous African Americans 100 For $15.00 Check raymondgeddes.com and see what you think.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 11:50 PM on Jan. 25, 2011